With a little care and attention, your Chevrolet is fit not just for years but for generations. Whether it’s getting acquainted with your owner’s manual, scheduling regular services and using genuine parts or performing simple maintenance at home, the high quality of Chevrolet design ensures that your car is with you for the long haul.
Your vehicle’s fuel economy will depend on your driving habits, traffic conditions, the condition of your vehicle, load, tyre pressure, etc.
1. Make sure your tyres are in good condition and periodically check (and then correct) each tyre’s pressure as recommended.
2. Sudden acceleration, unnecessary engine idling and frequent gear changes can increase fuel consumption. Driving at a consistent pace and braking early will improve your fuel efficiency.
3. Make sure you always release the parking brake before driving.
4. If you drive a manual transmission vehicle, try not to “ride the clutch” (resting your foot on the clutch pedal while driving). If you drive an automatic transmission vehicle, make sure not to rest your foot on brake pedal while moving.
5. In a manual transmission vehicle, use the highest gear possible for your speed.
6. Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles to avoid sudden or repeated braking.
7. To conserve fuel, ensure that windows are closed when the air conditioning is switched on, and use re-circulating air mode, with minimum or no mixing of hot and cold air. When starting the vehicle from a hot parking area, open all the windows to allow the hot air escape for 2-3 minutes before switching the air conditioning on.
9. Different forces in the front and rear tires make them wear disproportionately causing a loss of vehicle stability. To avoid that, it is recommended to do a tire rotation according to the Maintenance Schedule of Chevrolet.
1. Try to avoid sudden or unnecessary acceleration or braking, as this can result in abnormal wear of your tyre tread.
2. Slow down when the road is slippery to prevent the likelihood of skidding or sliding.
3. Travelling on rough roads can be challenging. Engage the 4-wheel drive mode for better control (if available on your vehicle) and be sure to drive slowly to prevent any damage to your tires.
4. Electronic Stability Control includes sensors on the wheels to monitor any loss of traction and adjust power or braking as needed to help retain control. ESC comes as a standard in all Chevrolet cars. However you should always slow down when driving around corners to ensure the safety of your passengers and pedestrians.
5. Keep an appropriate distance from the vehicle ahead to avoid sudden or repeated braking and to allow a safe stopping distance.
The Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system pairs with your smartphone, allowing you convenient access to your contacts, music playlists and many of your favorite apps using the MyLink touch screen. Below are general instructions on how to perform popular actions on your MyLink system. (Please note, however, that MyLink systems differ slightly between vehicles. For detailed steps, see your Owner’s Manual.)
First open your phone’s Bluetooth settings, turn Bluetooth on and allow it scan for new devices. Then press the voice command button on your steering wheel controls and say “Pair” or “Connect.” (You can also pair using prompts on the touch screen instead of voice commands. Select “Phone”, then “Phone Settings”, then “Pair Device.”)
To enter a new destination in your MyLink Navigation system, first press the “Navigation” or “Destination” button on your instrument panel or on the touch screen itself, depending on your vehicle. You will then enter your destination by pressing the “Address Entry” button if you know the address, the “Points of Interest” button to browse businesses and attractions, or the “Previous Destinations”
First go to your MyLink homepage and select the “Menu” button. Then select “Customize.” You can now scroll through your apps and select the ones you want to appear on your homepage (up to a maximum of 8 apps). Once you have selected your favorites, press “Done.” You can adjust the order the icons appear in by pressing “Menu” again, and then pressing “Sort.”
As soon as your smartphone is paired with your MyLink system, you are ready to stream audio. (Note, you must already have an account and be logged into whatever streaming app you intend to use.) For example, select Pandora from the touch screen or use the voice command button and say “Tune Pandora.”
In most cases, the radio pin code will be accessible via a "security card" which is included with the vehicle when it is delivered. If a radio pin code is required for the vehicle, and the security card is not accessible, please contact your nearest Chevrolet Dealer for assistance.
*Fuel economy values are determined through CO2 measurement in accordance with the latest ECE R101/SANS 20101 standards, as prescribed by South African government, conducted in a controlled environment and were correct at the time this disclaimer was published, which is subject to change. The specifications are for comparison purposes between the different vehicle models available in the S.A market which are all tested in the same manner, specific driving cycles and controlled environment. Actual achieved fuel consumption during on-road driving will vary due to factors including driving style, vehicle load and tyre size, as well as road, traffic and ambient conditions.
Actual products may differ from photos pictured on the Chevrolet.co.za website. General Motors South Africa has the right to change automobile details without prior notification.
Please be aware that the current sms notification of a Chevrolet Cruze being awarded to Vodacom or MTN cellular phone numbers is a scam.
Kindly refrain from responding to the notification and do not divulge personal information or banking details or pay money to the fraudulent operators.
*GMSA Financial Services - A product of WesBank - A division of FirstRand Bank Ltd. An Authorised Financial Services & Credit Provider. NCRCP20 * Monthly service fee of R68.40 excluded from monthly payment. Initiation fee of R1 197 included. On-the-road costs excluded.
Terms and conditions apply. Model/s shown may differ. Errors and omissions excepted. All offers subject to finance approval. Images, details and the content on this webpage may change at any time without notice. For the most recent and accurate information, please consult your local dealer.